Wednesday, August 29, 2012

our bucket list.

So, by now, most of you have probably heard about this sweet story of a boy who created a bucket "lick it" list for his terminally ill service dog. When I read it, of course it got me thinking about all of the things I'd like to do with Claire in her lifetime. I have my own bucket list that consists of 90+ things that I'd like to do in my life [getting a puppy was one of them], but I decided to put together a separate list for me and Claire. Here are some of the items, in no particular order of importance.
  1. Fence in the backyard so that Claire has more room to run when we're not at the dog park.
  2. Go on a vacation to the beach, just the two of us - spend our nights staying at a dog-friendly hotel and spend our days playing by the ocean.
  3. Share a cone of Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream.
  4. Walk a 5k together [I'd say that we'd run, but that would be a nightmare because she would think we were playing a game of chase, and I would die of either exhaustion or of embarrassment].
  5. Have my friend and fellow photographer Erin do a photo shoot of me and Claire.
  6. Let Claire lead a walk.
  7. Have a birthday party in my backyard with a cake from See Spot Eat, and invite all of her friends. Send out real invitations, hand out party favors, and have decorations fit for a queen!
  8. Go for a ride in a convertible. [I'll have to hold on to her so she doesn't jump out].
  9. Take a picture of Claire in a field of sunflowers. Print it on a canvas to hang up in the house.
  10. Get a tattoo of Claire's paw print.
  11. Get 100 followers on Google Friend Connect, and reach 200 followers on our Facebook page. [This is obviously a personal goal, but I still felt that I needed to add it!]
  12. Create another masterpiece and sell copies to raise money for the Nashville Humane Society.
What should I add to this list? What's on the bucket list for you and your dog?
  

2 comments:

  1. That's a fantastic list! It's funny, I was thinking lately of how Elka would probably love to guide her own walk. It's something I aim to try, on a day where we don't have an "I've got to go to work" deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're not far off the 100 google followers! a lovely list, hope you achieve it all x

    ReplyDelete