When people ask me what mix Claire is, I like to joke that she's 50% dog and 50% human. But seriously, when I think about how alike we are, I think there's a lot about me that has rubbed off on her over the past almost-four years together. For instance...
1. We have some of the same hobbies: eating, sleeping, exploring, and being with friends.
2. We are both extremely empathetic. Whenever someone is crying and sad, Claire stops whatever she is doing and goes right over to the person to try and make them feel better. As for me, I'm a social worker. 'Nuff said.
3. We love snuggling, but we can't fall asleep unless we both have space to stretch out.
4. We have a strong appreciation for nature, and we love being outside. The weekends have been filled with leisurely walks and romps in the field near my house.
5. It doesn't take much to make us happy. We like the simple things in life.
6. We guard our food. No sharing when it comes to deliciousness! Get your own!
7. We get grumpy when we are tired. And then it's best that we have some quiet time.
8. Two words: peanut butter.
9. We are very sensitive to our surroundings, whether it be the people we're around or the situation we are in the midst of. Change is hard, and it takes us a little longer to adapt - though we always do!
10. We love being around others, but we are most comfortable and happiest when we're with our best friends.
11. When we put our mind to something, we don't stop until we've reached our goal (though for Claire, this mainly has to do with chasing squirrels out of our yard).
12. We're each other's favorite.