Monday, August 1, 2011

from ollie's kitchen: homemade buffaloaf.


This adorable girl is Ollie - one of Claire's best friends. We met Ollie and her parents (Erin and Jake) at the dog park almost a year ago when she was just a little munchkin. Now they go to school together at Bark-O-Lounge and have play dates on the weekends. They're becoming more and more like sisters! I wish I knew what kind of dog Ollie is, because I would get one. She is just SO cute! And she has these long eyelashes that Maybelline models would just die for.

Claire's been a bit bored with her food lately, so I asked Erin for help. She is a fantastic cook and with all of her amazing kitchen gadgets (including a blender that cleans itself and an automatic trash can - how cool!), I figured she'd have some tricks up her sleeve. Sure enough, she did, and it came in the form of homemade buffaloaf. I made this baby last night, cut it into slices, and then froze some of it so that I can heat it up and add it to Claire's food over the next few weeks. I'm telling you, she can't wait to eat now that she's got this deliciousness mixed in with her kibble! What's that saying? Variety is the spice of life? Claire would agree.


*Photo courtesy of Blue Kitchen*

Ollie's Buffaloaf

Ingredients:
1 lb ground hamburger meat - or ground turkey meat
2 eggs
1.5 cups of oats (Ollie prefers rice oats)
3/4 cup of mixed vegetables (Claire prefers 1 cup)
1/2 cup of cottage cheese

Instructions:
Preheat your oven to 350*F.
Lightly grease loaf pan.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
Hand mix and press into a loaf pan.
Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350*F.
May be refrigerated or frozen in slices.
Let your pup enjoy!


  
* Confession: I may have tasted some of this myself because it smelled so amazing while it was cooking. It's delicious. It took every ounce of my will-power to save it for Claire.
    
    

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure Murphy would love this and think it was delicious!

    But then again, he also finds paper delicious. And sticks. And his kibble. And oh that rock looks good too...

    I'm worried if I gave him something like this he would inhale his food even faster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! I'm going to give it a try on Friday :]

    ReplyDelete