Sunday, April 21, 2013

claire-friendly peach muffins.

Okay, so I'm about 3.5 months into this vegan thing, and so far so good. Interestingly enough, I've found that Claire and I now have a similar diet which is excellent for my grocery budget! Winning, all around!

I made some fantastic vegan peach muffins last weekend - for both of us - and they were so delicious that it's worth sharing with you all [and your dogs, of course]. Let me know how you like them!




Claire-Friendly Peach Muffins

1-1/2 cups all-purpose rice flour
(or whole wheat flour if your dog can have gluten)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil or canola oil
3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 to 1/3 cup of organic peach jam

Preheat the oven to 400*F.
Coat muffin tin with non-stick spray, or use liners.
Scoop batter into muffin tins.
There should be enough for 12 muffins.
Bake for about 24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool and enjoy!

Do you have a favorite recipe that both you and your dog love?
Share it in the comments section below!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I quit cooking when the kids got older and barely do it now as I hate cooking but that looks yummy and Claire seems pretty impressed :) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these sound amazing!!! YUM!!! thanks for forwarding xo

    ReplyDelete