Sunday, May 20, 2012

tasty treats.

Due to Claire's January bout of pancreatitis, she now takes a daily supplement of Digestzymez, thanks to Dizzy's Corner Store. She tolerates it well, and though I can't see her pancreas healing itself, I trust that the enzymes in this supplement are doing their job. I also have to be pretty careful of what treats I give to her, since pancreatitis is brought on and gets worse when dogs eat rich and fatty foods.

Claire can finally have two-inch raw/frozen marrow bones again, but I only give her one a week instead of two or three a week like she'd been having before. You know, just to play it safe. Now, she gets more cartilage-based treats on a regular basis: cow trachea and pig's ears and duck feet. They look disgusting. I have to gingerly pull it out of the bag and give it to her, and then I can't watch her eat it. But all three are low in fat, high in protein, and full of glucosamine chondroitin which helps her joints.

Want to get in on this for your dog? Check out any local pet boutique - my favorite option - or get some here, here, and here.

Oh, the things we do for love...

2 comments:

  1. wish I could have some pig's ears or cow trachea!!! yummy....also, yes "oh, the things we do for love....."!!! hummmm!! xo

    ReplyDelete