Friday, December 23, 2011

winning them over.

We made it!! We're back in Massachusetts with the family for the holidays!! It was a long drive, but it was 100% worth it! When we arrived, Claire finally got to meet my grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins. She absolutely loves them! Not only that, but they absolutely love her! Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to watch out for my grandmother... she made a few comments that have me thinking that she might try to kidnap Claire when I'm not looking [Don't get any ideas! I've got my eye on you!].


Ever since I begged bribed asked my mom if Claire could come home with me for Christmas this year, she has been adamant that Claire is not allowed on any of her furniture, aside from my bed. A few weeks ago, I told her that my goal was to get her to let Claire on the furniture by the time Christmas was over. As it turns out, I didn't even have a chance to try and persuade her. We were home for less than twelve hours before my mom changed her mind; I went out to the store real quick and by the time I came back, this is what I found:


Then we have my sister Andie who is very much NOT a dog person. She is the biggest non-dog person of all of the non-dog people who make up my wonderful family (though clearly, Claire is converting them one at a time). Andie says that she likes dogs, just not when they lick, jump, shed, or bark. Hmm. When Andie first got home, she cringed when Claire came near her. Two hours later, Claire's head was in her lap and Andie had wrapped her in her scarf.


So, as some of you know, I was really concerned about how this was all going to go. I wasn't sure how my family would react to having a dog in the house, since we didn't grow up with pets. But I obviously should've trusted Claire more, because she has been nothing less than her sweet self which won everyone over immediately. It looks like we'll be going on a road trip for the holidays every year from here on out!
  
  

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear things went well! my grandmother is a non-dog person and she's met desmond a few times now, but she still will not touch him at all. she looks at him and says, "he's a nice dog." it ends there.

    ReplyDelete