Friday, August 19, 2011

hot diggity, i'm on vacation!

Greetings from Cape Cod! I arrived last night and am now settling in at home with my family, and I will be here for the next week! It has been glorious already, and I am loving it. Of course, I am already missing my sweet Claire Baby, and I have been busy trying to convince my beautiful mother to let me bring her home with me next summer for a solid three week vacation (it would really help if you all could engage in the persuasion by leaving a comment pointing out all of the reasons of why this would be a fantastic idea). I've been texting Stacey throughout the day about a few things, and it seems that Claire is doing well and having a blast with her friends - which I knew she would. I worry more at night time when she has settled down: is she wondering why I haven't picked her up yet? Is she anxious? Is she lonely? Does she realize that I am coming back? Sigh. If I'd been able to take a longer vacation, I would have gladly driven the 20 hours home so that she could have come with me. Jay and I were tweeting about how Pet Airways really needs to open more locations - especially in Nashville and Boston! That would make it so easy!


Anyway, today my mom and I met up with Becky (one of my besties) and her mom for lunch. It was so great to see them and get to spend time together! (It wasn't nearly long enough, B!) After that, we went to run some errands and I came across an adorable little pet boutique called Hot Diggity! I was jonesing for a dog fix, so I had to go in. As it turns out, my old friend Ashley is the manager - we went to high school together and it has been far too long since we had seen each other last! It was wonderful to catch up with her and to see all of the hard work that she has put into the store! Her sweet dog Winnie was hanging out, as well as her coworker's dog, Frankie. I got to love on the dogs, check out all of the amazing products, and buy something special for Stacey for taking such great care of Claire while I'm on vacation. I got something for Claire too, so I can't say much more right now - you'll have to wait and see what it is when I get back next weekend. Can't give anything away now!




Although I'm on vacation right now, you'll still be hearing from me! I also have a couple guest bloggers who will be making appearances this week, so stay tuned! Have a great weekend!
   
   

4 comments:

  1. My Mama won't let me come home WITHOUT my Van!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never commented on your blog.....But I think it would be a fantastic idea for Claire to go to New England. Especially on August!!Think of how happy she would be getting out of the Tennessee heat......Your blog is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Cape Cod!! August and September are the MOST wonderful months in Mass. Soak it all up and enjoy. Have an extra scoop at Sundae School for me please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley, tell your mom that I approve of her stance on this! My sis and I didn't have any pets growing up, so though my mom loves Claire, I think she also loves not having to deal with vacuuming three times a day to keep it dog-fur-free!

    Tommy, I agree about the heat! Also, I really want her to be able to swim in the ocean! Now if you came up here and volunteered to be a housekeeper while she is here, I'm sure that would be an incentive ;)

    Kaitie, I wish you were up here with me, girl! Why haven't we planned a trip together yet? I've been living in Nashville for two years and I JUST thought of this fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete