Tuesday, April 5, 2011

take a guess.

I mean, I have to start this post by emphasizing that I really don't care - I'm just curious about your opinions, because they certainly vary, and I can understand why! Okay. Now that that is out of the way, I can tell you what I'm talking about. What kind of breed is Claire? When I adopted her from the shelter, I was told that she was a black lab / border collie. I went along with this until I saw a whippet for the first time. Now, I'm not so sure. Being the kind of person I am, I feel the need to make a list of how Claire matches each of these mixes - but some qualities and characteristics are the same for both breeds! (Go to Designer Mixes for more information on mixed breed dogs).


Claire Baby:




BLACK LAB / BORDER COLLIE:
high energy
extremely smart
playful
extroverted
excitable and has difficulty focusing when excited
loyal to family, friendly to strangers
feathery tufts of fur on her back legs
does not typically bark unless excited or on alert
requires a lot of exercise each day
great at fetching and swimming


BLACK LAB / WHIPPET:
teeny tiny little waist
tall, strong hind legs
runs extremely fast
high prey drive
mischievous
mildly stubborn
very sensitive
loyal to family, friendly to strangers
does not typically bark unless excited or on alert


So, after reading the similarities and seeing the pictures... What are your thoughts? When people ask me what kind of dog she is, I've been saying that she's a Claire, and Claires are the best :)


**Collage pictures were found on the internet. Apologies to anyone who recognizes these pictures and thinks "Hey! That's my dog!" But... take it up with Google Search.


No comments:

Post a Comment