Tuesday, October 19, 2010

bath time.

Although Claire loves swimming in the river, there is nothing that she hates more than getting a bath. As soon as I take off her collar and turn on the water, she runs to the couch, lowers her ears, tucks her tail, and rolls over on her back. It's like she's saying, "I will do whatever you want, just don't put me in the tub!" I usually end up having to half carry and half drag her to the bathroom. But I mean, after a day of doing this...



and a lot of this...


and then some more of this...


she needs a bath! I just had a new detachable shower head installed so that this time of torture could be cut short - previously, I was filling up cups of water and pouring them over her, which took FOREVER. Now I can just unhook the shower head, run it over her, and we're done!

So, after Claire's day(s) of fun in the park this weekend, it was time. We went through our usual routine of me trying to catch her before finally being able to get her into the tub. As soon as I switched the water from running out of the faucet to coming out of the shower head, she got spooked and jumped into me - soaking wet - while trying to get out. Muddy paw prints were all over the floor, water was all over the bathroom, and I was drenched! But I finally got her back in the tub and she was all clean within fifteen minutes!

This whole ordeal never ceases to make me laugh, no matter that it happens every single time! And even though giving Claire a bath makes quite a mess, it's all worth it when I get to snuggle up with my girl!

Nice and clean!

1 comment: